Victron Energy is a global-scale Dutch company that produces high quality, digitally controlled, programmable product durable inverter chargers, batteries and control devices. Victron energy input and output protections that can operate under heavy conditions are very safe products. There is a wide range of products that can be connected in parallel, communicate with each other, modular, and where you can find products of all sizes and voltages. Example If you are looking for an inverter with a power of 5KVA at 12volts, victron energy will offer you the right product.
For a more accurate purchase decision, I recommend you to read the following advantages and disadvantages
Victron Energy Advantages and Application Areas
- Yacht Boat, Ship Marine applications
-Caravan and Mobile systems
- Modular large off-grid solar energy systems that need parallel and 3 phases
-Computer, SCADA and advanced applications where remote management is required
- Where high security and heavy industrial conditions are required
-In projects where the input and output values can be adjusted at desired intervals.
- Instant fluctuating load and input voltage tolerance for wide applications
- Long life and in applications where maintenance is difficult
-Because they are transformers, they are resistant to output load imbalances and sudden high loads, they do not break easily.
-Manufacturer company (I don't mean domestic importers) has high customer satisfaction in terms of warranty.
- It has all kinds of feature videos about the product and a large source document in Turkish and English.
-Product certificates are reliable documents issued by independent institutions with international validity.
- Test reports have very detailed and real laboratory values.
- Input and output terminals are very robust and safe.
- It has a solid outer casing.
- Very easy to update new software
Victron Energy Disadvantages
- 3 times more expensive than equivalents with the same functions
- It is very heavy as it has a transformer structure
-Repairs are expensive and there is no service everywhere.
- Difficult to find sufficient stocks at importers
- Advanced technical service knowledge is required to use, program and manage the products.
-Contrary to popular belief, their efficiency is lower than Chinese made electronic inverters. System efficiencies, which are written around 90% in the catalogues, can only reach 70% at full load.
-It is difficult to find everywhere, because it is sold in certain suppliers, competition conditions could not be created for the customer.
-There is no office or official distributor in our country, the management of the global brand is managed by a person on a personal basis as a home office without an office.
- If there is a user error when it malfunctions, the repair possibilities are very limited.
- Spare parts and electronic parts are scarce.
- There is not nearly enough technical personnel involved in programming and using products, including importers, in Turkey. The answer you will receive to all of the questions will consist of reading the catalog information from the book to your face and sending you the link of the relevant user manual.
-It does not have a structure that can be used for energy saving in solar applications. The purpose is only produced to produce 220v/380v safely. Many customer products in the field do not have solar energy management without the need for the grid, except for emergencies. In general, UPS mode is the most useful operating mode.
- Use by inexperienced people may cause unpleasant consequences, as it accepts the setting that will cause self-damage if programmed incorrectly.
- Although it is very expensive, there is no surge arrester and high voltage protection system at its inputs and outputs.
- Since the output filter is very weak, the windings may burn in loads that cause harmonic formation.
- Since inverters and chargers do not have an indicator, it is necessary to buy them in addition to high prices.
Activating equalisation or forced absorption
The MultiPlus can be put into both these states from the remote panel as well as with the front panel switch, provided that all switches (front, remote and panel) are set to “on” and no switches are set to “charger only”. In order to put the MultiPlus in this state, the procedure below should be followed. If the switch is not in the required position after following this procedure, it can be switched over quickly once. This will not change the charging state. NOTE: Switching from “on” to “charger only” and vice versa, as described below, must be done quickly. The switch must be toggled such that the intermediate position is 'skipped', as it were. If the switch remains in the “off” position even for a short time, the device may be turned off. In that case, the procedure must be restarted at step 1. A certain degree of familiarisation is required when using the front switch on the Compact in particular. When using the remote panel, this is less critical.
Settings that are not self-explanatory are described briefly below. For further information, please refer to the help files in the software configuration programs
Output frequency if no AC is present at the input. Adjustability: 50 Hz; 60 Hz Input frequency range Input frequency range accepted by the MultiPlus. The MultiPlus synchronises within this range with the AC input frequency. The output frequency is then equal to the input frequency.
Adjustability: 45 – 65 Hz; 45 – 55 Hz; 55 – 65 Hz
Input voltage range
Voltage range accepted by the MultiPlus. The MultiPlus synchronises within this range with the AC input voltage. The output voltage is then equal to the input voltage. Adjustability:
Lower limit: 180 - 230 V
Upper limit: 230 - 270 V
Output voltage of the MultiPlus in battery operation. Adjustability: 210 – 245 V Stand-alone / parallel operation / 2-3 phase setting
Using several devices, it is possible to: increase total inverter power (several devices in parallel)
create a split-phase system
create a 3-phase system.
The standard product settings are for standalone operation. For parallel, three phase or split phase operation see section Search Mode (Applicable in stand-alone configuration only) If search mode is “on”, the power consumption in no-load operation is decreased by approx. 70 %. In this mode the Compact, when operating in inverter mode, is switched off in case of no load or very low load, and switches on every two seconds for a short period. If the output current exceeds a set level, the inverter will continue to operate. If not, the inverter will shut down again. The Search Mode can be set with a DIP switch. The Search Mode “shut down” and “remain on” load levels can be set with VEConfigure. The standard settings are: Shut down: 40 Watt (linear load)